People have repeatedly asked for a tie guide. Fortunately, Put This On has already written an extensive series, and it’s extremely thorough. As per jdbee’s suggestion, I offer you the following information:
- An Introduction
- Construction and Quality
- The Manufacturing Process
- Starting Your Basics
- Expanding Your Collection
- “Novelty” Ties
- Is the Four-In-Hand the only knot you need to know?
- Tying it with some Panache
- Taking Care of Your Collection
TL;DR: Read some of these quick and dirty comments for some insight courtesy of zzzaz and definitelynotaspy. Also here is a super quick starter set.